Ways you can help
Making a gift to Community Hospice & Palliative Care in memory or honor of loved ones creates a lasting tribute to their legacy, while also ensuring that our care remains available to everyone in our community. Dollars raised through dedicatory gifts support patient care and special programs and services.
A variety of opportunities are available to families to memorialize a loved one through gifts that also show their appreciation for Community Hospice & Palliative Care and the work we do:
- Create a lasting memorial.
- Request gifts to Community Hospice & Palliative Care by including the following in obituaries: “In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Community Hospice & Palliative Care Foundation, 4266 Sunbeam Road, Jacksonville, FL 32257 or give online at www.communityhospice.com/give."
- Make estate gifts to Community Hospice & Palliative Care through planned giving.
- Donate loved ones’ belongings to Community Hospice Thrift Shop.
We welcome your investment in endowments for adult and pediatric care, and community outreach programs. Endowments allow us to provide care and community programs and to continue our commitment to enhancement and innovation. Dollars are invested with only a portion of the annual income used to ensure funding in perpetuity.
Community Hospice & Palliative Care Foundation is involved in numerous events year round to raise funds and awareness to help support the unfunded and underfunded patient care programs and services we provide. Whatever your interest or ability, Community Hospice & Palliative Care Foundation has a way for you to get involved and make a difference.
Whatever your interest, Community Hospice & Palliative Care Foundation can help you get involved and make a difference:
- Attend our fundraising events – We host a variety of programs throughout the year geared toward individuals and families, including our signature fundraiser for Community PedsCare, Halloween Doors & More.
- Volunteer at our fundraising events
- Join our Community PedsCare® Teen Advisory Board – Our teens act as ambassadors to raise awareness and funds for Community PedsCare.
- Host a fundraising event – From golf tournaments to poker runs, events can be a fun way to raise awareness of and funds for our vital programs.
Community Hospice & Palliative Care Foundation offers a number of sponsorship opportunities. These partnerships establish a number of enduring benefits, not only to the sponsoring organization but to the individuals who ultimately benefit from its generosity.
When you sponsor a Community Hospice & Palliative Care Foundation initiative, your investment has the power to change lives. Some of the benefits of sponsorship include:
- Recognition as a community steward
- Respect for helping those in need
- Employee pride of association with a worthy cause
- Enhanced business marketing and customer loyalty
- Stronger local connections
You can sponsor a range of initiatives, including fundraising events, caregiver conferences, and education and outreach programs, including Camp Healing Powers and Community PedsCare.
For more information about our sponsorship opportunities, please call 904.407.6135.
Planned giving opportunities
There are several vehicles for planned giving available to consider. As planned gifts can be complicated, we encourage you to discuss your plans with us and your financial adviser. Visit our Planned Giving page for details.
When you shop or donate merchandise or donate your talents as a volunteer at Community Hospice Thrift Shop, you enable us to raise needed funds to support unfunded and underfunded care programs. Visit ThriftShopJax.com for locations, hours of operations and to sign up for sales alert emails.
Women's Leadership Council
Women working together
The Women's Leadership Council brings together women of all ages and means with a passion for Community Hospice of Northeast Florida and its programs. This collective giving council supports the unfunded programs of Community Hospice and improves the quality of life for patients and their families.
The WLC will host a series of events throughout the year for networking and education about our programs and services.
Prospective members may join the WLC by giving an annual membership gift, a tax-deductible contribution, which will be placed in a special Women's Leadership Council fund.
For more information about the Women's Leadership Council at Community Hospice, please contact Amy Davis, director of major and corporate gifts, at 904.407.6135
Teen Advisory Board
Teen Advisory Board
The Teen Advisory Board is a youth organization and program of Community Hospice & Palliative Care Foundation that funds, plans, organizes and hosts the annual Diamond D Ranch event for our Community PedsCare children and their families. Any teen is welcome to join. To get started, please complete our registration form.
How to Give
Cash, Check or Credit
Cash, Check or Credit
These may be given in person or mailed to 4266 Sunbeam Road, Jacksonville, FL 32257. Please make checks payable to Community Hospice & Palliative Care Foundation.
Community Hospice accepts American Express®, Visa®, MasterCard® and Discover® Card. Gifts also may be given through secure online donation.
Many employers have matching gift programs which can multiply your generous gift to Community Hospice & Palliative Care. If you or your spouse work for or are retired from an organization with a matching gifts program, please ask your human resources department for the appropriate form and include it with your gift.
United Way, Combined Federal Campaign or Florida State Employees Charitable Campaign: Write in Community Hospice & Palliative Care as your designated charity when you give.